When: Tuesday, 16 July - Thursday, 18 July
Join Stir to Action’s playground for the new economy in a beautiful green field in Somerset!
The Stir to Action Festival will be a unique three days of inspiring conversations, participatory theatre, virtual reality experiences, live podcasts, interactive workshops, idea surgeries, live crowdfunding, sustainable food, craft beer, and, of course, live music!
You can buy a 3-day festival ticket, or one day tickets for 16,17, or 18 July. We are also offering a limited number of glamping options.
What to Expect?
- Sustainable festival food from Feedback, the campaign charity that brought us Toast Ale, Feed the 5,000, and the Gleaning Network.
- Local ale, cider, and even our own craft beer, a new collaboration with Totnes’ New Lion Brewery.
- Participatory budgeting workshop with Independents for Frome’s Peter MacFadyen.
- Festival Soup: live crowdfunding event with the Bournemouth Soup’s Daisy Carr.
- What if: interactive storytelling session with Rob Hopkins, cofounder of the Transition Network.
- Interactive virtual reality experience: Meet Me on the Assembly Line with immersive technology co-op, Animorph.
- Morning Alt Magazine Review with Hazel Sheffield, journalist for Independent, Vice, Guardian & Times.
- Idea Surgery: Get support from business and crowdfunding coaches for your project idea, with Crowdfunder UK and others.
- Crowdsourced exhibition: the New Economy in 50 Objects.
- …and relax in our sauna, natural swimming lake, or at our late, late cinema!
Much more to be announced!
Field725 is just outside Frome, Somerset.
Cycling? Check Sustrans, entering BA11 4LJ in the ‘Search Our Mapping’ box. National Cycle Route 24 passes very close to the venue.
Driving? If you use sat nav or a mapping service like Google Maps, enter BA11 4LJ.
Public Transport? The nearest railway station is Frome, only 2 miles from the site. Frome has limited services and more regular trains run from Westbury or Castle Cary.
Taxi Share? We’ll be setting up a taxi share, more details soon.
Glamping? There are some glamping tents available for booking. Get the full details of the options available on the Field 725 website.
Where: Field 725, Critchill Manor Estate Critch Hill, Frome